Aging is a natural process that can’t be avoided although no one wants it.
A person who gets old loses the strength, vitality, youthful look and the muscles that he used to posses. His skin sags and is filled with wrinkles. His vital organs show signs of deterioration and his outlook in life begins to falter. This could be due to an impending end that he can’t help but visualize.
This is one of the primary reasons why nobody wants to grow old. Everybody wants to hold on to the vigor, vitality, strength, energy and firmness of muscles that mirrors youth. Staying young for life is an impossible mission, but you can find ways to slow down the aging process and enjoy your youth for a longer period.
Aging is caused by the following factors:
1. The wearing out of your body’s inner mechanism to repair and replenish itself.
Normally, the cells of the body reproduce themselves to replace dead ones. This goes in an unending cycle until they fail to function normally and deteriorate, leaving some tissues un-repaired.
2. The diminishing performance of the endocrine glands.
The endocrine glands are responsible for secreting hormones such as testosterone, estrogen and growth hormones. Testosterone works to maintain muscle mass, sex drive and mood in men while estrogen plays an important role in maintaining bone density in women. These hormones diminish with age and it shows by a reduced strength and muscle mass in men and thinning bones in women which may lead to osteoporosis.
3. The harmful effects of free radicals.
Free radicals are harmful chemicals that your body produces as a by-product of its metabolic processes. It can destroy your body cells including the collagen which is the primary cause of wrinkles and premature aging.
Free radicals are also believed to play a role in degenerative disorders such as heart disease and cancer.
4. Stress, anxiety and depression.
These conditions can lead to insomnia, poor appetite and diminishing energy, among others. These can lead to a weakened immune system and malnutrition, making a person fall easily to sicknesses and premature aging.
Since we already know the most common factors that cause aging, it is time to articulate some of the ways to slow it down.
1. Cultivate an aura of positivity in yourself. Find ways to do it by reading books about creative visualization and relaxation.
2. Avoid pessimistic people. They are energy sappers who drain you of energy by their negativity. Being low in energy will make you look haggard and your face will sag.
3. Eat healthy foods that include fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, poultry and dairy products. Avoid processed foods; they contain chemicals that can be harmful to your health.
4. Exercise, socialize and be active. Find time to relax and try to avoid stressful situations. Keep your mind busy by trying to learn new things, like a new language, etc.
5. Observe personal hygiene and cleanliness. Try to smell good all the time.
6. Have a pet to take care of. It can help to relieve you from stress.